Mom is told her son has ear infection – Then doctors see his fingers and panic

Mom thinks her son has an ear infection – then doctors see his fingers and panic: "put him on life support immediately!" Parents urge everyone to be more cautious of this.


When baby Archie was born, his mom and dad were over the moon. The Australian couple, Josh Roberts and Katelyn Galea, could never assume that their bundle of joy, who was born healthy could end up fighting for his life.

One day, they noticed Archie’s mouth turned grey after he suffered from what medics dubbed a not much serious ear infection. Unaware of what was going on, they rushed him to the hospital, and it was a 40 minute drive that felt like eternity.

Facebook/ Josh Roberts

Once there, doctors noticed that Archie’s fingers turned purple and what ever he had, it was spreading.

He was immediately put on a ventilator and doctors ran a bunch of tests which revealed that the little one had potentially fatal meningococcal infection, a disease which refers to any illness caused by the bacteria Neisseria meningitidis.

Unfortunately, these illnesses can be fatal and include infections of the lining of the brain and spinal cord (meningitis) and bloodstream.

Facebook/ Josh Roberts

Archie’s case was severe and he was treated with antibiotics. He also received blood transfusion. Doctors weren’t sure whether he would survive as the chances seemed dull.

“This is something you only read about in the paper or see in the news. You would never expect it to hit someone so healthy and so happy,” Archie’s dad wrote on Facebook. “This is one of the hardest times I have ever had to deal with. I have never ever loved something, someone with such passion and love. It doesn’t matter if you are the toughest person on this planet walking into that hospital room and seeing you like this rips me apart.”

Facebook/ Josh Roberts

After some period of time, Archie’s condition stabilized and he was taken off ventilator. But his recovery took months and the parents were in need of funds in order to cover the medical bills which piled up.

However, once this little fighter’s story had gone viral, many people donated on GoFundMe and the family was able to receive AUD $15,000, which was even more than they asked for.

Luckily, Archie’s body fought the infection and he was able to go home.

Facebook/ Josh Roberts

Today, Archie is doing well, but he’s still in the process of complete recovery.

His parents are grateful to everyone who stepped in when they needed it the most. But most of all, they are grateful for Archie’s fighting spirit.

The little one is making progress daily and will likely never remember the ordeal he was forced to go through.

Facebook/ Josh Roberts

Please SHARE this story with your family and friends on Facebook.

Bored Daddy

Love and Peace