3-week-old baby stops breathing after 2 hour car journey – mom issues warning to all parents

Kristi Clark and her husband Christopher are sharing the story of what happened to their little girl after spending certain amount of time in her car seat and it serves as a warning for other parents not to make the same mistake.


Sometimes, we make mistakes even without being aware of it. Sadly, parents Kristi Clark and her husband Christopher made a mistake which could cost them their baby daughter’s life. They now share their story in order to warn other parents not to do the same. 

It was a nice day outside and the family decided to go and run some errands. They took their three-week-old daughter with them and spent some time driving around in the car. The little girl was in her car seat the entire time. 

Whenever they would stop to make a purchase, they would take little Harper with them because they were perfectly aware leaving a child in the car during the hot summer could have fatal consequences. What these parents didn’t know, however, was that letting the baby stay in the car seat for long hours could be fatal, too. 

Due to the rush hour, the trip home took longer than expected. The family was driving for about an hour and 45 minutes before they finally arrived home. While putting her older daughter to bed, Kristi left Harper in the car seat for around 15 more minutes. Finally, when she went to check on her and get her out of the seat, she noticed something that made her panic.   

“When we got home it was way past Malena’s bedtime so we brought Harper in her car seat and she stayed in there for 15 minutes as we got Malena into bed. My husband got Harper out and put her on his knee but she looked like she couldn’t get comfy so he laid her down on her mat and she was kicking about.”

Harper’s lips turned blue and white foam started coming out of her nose and mouth. The baby was throwing her head back and it looked like she was having a seizure.

Kristi and her husband took the little girl to the emergency room where she spent the entire night. After the thorough check-up, doctors told the worried parents that Harper’s seizure was a result of Oxygen Deprivation which was caused by spending too much time in the car seat. 

They were very sad that Harper’s seizure was caused by something that could have easily been avoided. If they were aware of the consequences of being in the car seat for such a long time, they would have never let that happen. 

Thinking of the disturbing incident, Kristi realized that there are other parents out there who might be unaware of the dangers of spending time at the car seat for a prolonged amount of time. That is why she decided to share Harper’s story. 

If you believe this information can help save a life, please SHARE it with your family and friends on Facebook! 

Bored Daddy