King Charles’s funeral plans being updated in light of cancer treatment – ‘It’s not good,’ claims insider

King Charles’s funeral plans being updated in light of cancer treatment – 'It’s not good,' claims insider.

0
79787

Following a procedure for an enlarged prostate, King Charles was diagnosed with a form of cancer. The head monarch has been receiving weekly treatments ever since and splits his time between London and Sandrigham.

Buckingham Palace’s initial statement read: “During the King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”

Tim Rooke – Pool/Getty Images

A source told the Daily Mail that King Charles is “on good form,” but besides that, it is expected that he takes a longer absence from his royal duties.

His younger son, Prince Harry, who returned to Britain for a visit with his father shortly after his diagnosis was revealed, was reported to have offered to step in and play a role while his father receives cancer treatment. However, Buckingham Palace aides reportedly said there was “zero per cent chance” that Prince Harry could be allowed to be working for the royal family during his father’s illness.

Although not much regarding Charles’ condition has been revealed by the palace, a recent report from the Daily Beast – parroted by TMZ – claimed that the King is in poor health.

The magazine reports that despite the few outings that showed his Royal Highness looking fine, the exact state of his condition is different.

LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 5: This handout photo provided by Buckingham Palace shows King Charles III during the state tour of France in September 2023 on February 5, 2024 in London, England. Buckingham Palace announced the King has been diagnosed with a form of cancer after treatment in hospital for an enlarged prostate last week. (Photo by Samir Hussein – Handout/Getty Images)

As per the magazine, the King’s aides are updating his funeral plans on a regular basis. There’s also supposedly a code name for said plans, ‘Operation Menai Bridge.’

“Of course he is determined to beat it and they are throwing everything at it. Everyone is staying optimistic, but he is really very unwell. More than they are letting on,” a source was reported to have said as per TMZ.

Given his age and his health condition, it’s only natural that funeral arrangements are in consideration.

‘Operation Menai Bridge’ is expected to play out similarly to ‘Operation London Bridge’ following the Queen’s death. As soon as this operation is underway, next in line for the throne, William, Prince of Wales, would become king alongside his wife Kate Middleton, who is expected to become Queen Consort.

The new king would address the nation, mirroring Charles’s speech on September 9, and the public would observe a period of national mourning leading up to the funeral.

Just like with the Queen, the prime minister would receive notification from the King’s private secretary, as would the King’s Privy Council Office.

Permanent secretaries of government departments would be provided with a script to inform government ministers about the news. At the same time, the cabinet secretary would send an email to senior civil servants, following which flags throughout Whitehall would be lowered to half-mast.

WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM – MARCH 31: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) King Charles III attends the traditional Easter Sunday Mattins Service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle on March 31, 2024 in Windsor, England. Following the service The King greeted members of the public, during a walkabout, for the first time since the announcement that he had been diagnosed with cancer. Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

It has been reported that Charles would invite Harry and Meghan to Britain so that he could spend time with his grandchildren, Archie and Lilibet.

“I can see Charles desperately wanting to see the children, and extending this olive branch to Meghan and Harry,” a royal insider told Page Six. “He may decide that life is just too short. Balmoral is truly the perfect, restful place for a reunion. If he does issue an invite, then Harry and Meghan should surely agree to the visit.”

We hope he would get the chance to be around his grandchildren more.

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.

Bored Daddy

Love and Peace