King Charles’ major decision gives sad hint into Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery

King Charles’ major decision gives sad hint into Kate Middleton’s cancer recovery.

0
28665

With a pre-recorded video showing her sitting in the gardens at Windsor, Kate Middleton disclosed her cancer diagnosis with the public. This announcement, which came on March 22, put a stop to the numerous rumors and speculations surrounding her health condition and whereabouts.

Initially, Kate was supposed to return to her royal duties around Easter, as per the Palace. At the time, however, the public was unaware of her cancer. What the Palace shared with the people and the media was that the Princess of Wales had undergone a planned abdominal surgery. Red flags arose, however, when she stayed at the hospital for around two weeks, which was rather long time for such a surgery.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team, therefore, advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment,” Kate Middleton said in the video.

Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

“This, of course, came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

The princess continued, “As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte, and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.”

“We now need some time, space, and privacy”

“As I have said to them; I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits. Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both.”

“We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery.”

Kate Middleton concluded, “At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

A source close to the couple said William and Kate have plans to renovate the Adelaide Cottage grounds annex into a retreat for the Wales family and their staff. 

“They [William and Kate] absolutely adore Adelaide Cottage, but it just about fits the entire family, whereas Anmer Hall is much larger with extensive grounds,” a source told OK!. “Adelaide Cottage is being used as a term time property while the children are at school nearby and Anmer Hall is for long weekends and holidays.”

“Nobody knows that there is quite a spacious red-brick annex building that’s not being used next door to Adelaide Cottage,” an insider revealed. “It’s currently uninhabitable and needs extensive renovation works if it were to be used.

“Discussions have been ongoing for a while about using the property as part of the overall cottage grounds, but it’s just about finding the right time to kick the project off.”

Samir Hussein/WireImage

As they fear public backlash, Kate and William consider paying for the renovations themselves. “William is very conscious of the public scrutiny over the Royal Family’s spending habits, so he is looking at the best way to cover any renovation costs,” a source disclosed. “It’s a project that’s very much been put on the back burner for now due to the family’s unfortunate position, but it will be looked at again when the time is right,” the insider told OK!.

Royal expert Jennie Bond believes that Kate should be taking up ‘restorative’ activities to help her get better.

“I’ve no doubt that Catherine’s parents will be staying with her, but even so it must be a step in the right direction,” Bond told OK!. “Hopefully Catherine is feeling stronger every day and, with the sun now shining, she’ll be able to enjoy the great outdoors which, for her, has always been restorative.”

However, no matter if she feels better, Kate is obviously not ready to return to her royal duties. At the time being, most of the royal engagements have been performed by William and Queen Camilla.

Karwai Tang/WireImage

For William, his wife is still his number one priority.

“For William, everything hinges on Kate’s well-being,” royal biographer Ingrid Seward told People Magazine.

Another insider told the news outlet, “William is prioritizing giving her all the time she needs to get better and the support, particularly to the children.”

William visited the Isles of Scilly for the first time since becoming the Duke of Cornwall after his father’s accession to the throne in September 2022. During his visit, he toured the small medical center at St. Mary’s Community Hospital in Hugh Town, where he was welcomed by Tracy Smith, the hospital’s administrator.

“I asked William about his wife Kate, and he said, ‘she’s doing well, thanks,’ and I suggested they might like to come for a visit and bring the children,” Smith revealed, as per Sky News.

William answered, “The children are very jealous that I am here… Maybe we might come later in the year.” 

Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

With William undertaking most of the royal duties, his wife will likely postpone her royal engagements even further.

This summer, the royal family has a busy agenda. Major events include Trooping the Colour, a state banquet, the 80th anniversary of D-Day, and Garter Day. Kate usually attends these events, and it turns out that this year, King Charles did his best to find a suitable replacement for his beloved daughter-in-law.

As per the Daily Mail, Beatrice, Prince Andrew’s eldest daughter, is ” looking forward to helping out.”

“They’ve got a busy diary coming up, and they need to widen the family at social events. You’ve got a whole week of Ascot. You have four garden parties. You’ve got Trooping the Colour, and you’ve got a state visit before you even start on other things,” the source said.

“I think Beatrice and Eugenie are adding support where they can. They’ve always been clear they’re non-royal, but they’re always there to help fulfill any duties required.”

WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM – MARCH 31: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 24 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) King Charles III attends the traditional Easter Sunday Mattins Service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle on March 31, 2024 in Windsor, England. Following the service The King greeted members of the public, during a walkabout, for the first time since the announcement that he had been diagnosed with cancer. Photo by Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)

It is apparent that King Charles sees his nieces as “sensible, lovely women” who could be a great asset for the royal family.

“They have been crying out for that royal glamour that has been missing during a time when his slimmed-down monarchy is in desperate need of bulking up,” the source concluded. 

“Beatrice, in particular, has been desperate for her chance to shine. She was once shy, and her style was a little frumpy. But these days she’s ambitious, confident and fashionable. She looks great in photos.”

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.

Bored Daddy

Love and Peace