The sinuses play an essential role in keeping the body healthy and free of bacteria and invaders like dust, germs, and dirt by creating a thin layer of mucus that’s constantly draining through the nasal passages. They are systems of air-filled spaces in the skull located behind the forehead, nasal bones, cheekbones, and eyes.
Sinuses can also influence the quality of one’s voice and protect the skull from injury.
These are just some of the reasons why we should make sure our sinuses are healthy and free of infections at all times.
When they experience issues with the sinuses, most people turn to over-the-counter medicines not knowing there are other solutions consisting of natural ingredients.
Using natural remedies for treating health issues isn’t anything new. People have turned to the nature for centuries, and it is beautiful that some of those recipes and remedies have been passed down from generation to generation.
One cheap, easy, quick, and simple recipe for easing the issues with sinuses is apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is simply fermented apples, which turns into apple cider vinegar over time and is rich in nutrients including a lot of B-vitamins, vitamin c, acetic acid, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calicum, iron and magnesium.
This is how to use it for treating sinus infections.
- To form a tonic for internal use, you can simply mix 1/8 to 1/4 a cup of apple cider vinegar into 16 ounces of water.
- Sip on this tonic, and finish it sooner than later, then rinse with water after so the acid doesn’t sit on your teeth.
- Alternatively, you can gulp up to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water all at once.
This is how to prepare nasal rinse for sinus infections.
- Add 1/2 – 1 tsp teaspoon of organic, raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm filtered water. Stir this solution until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour some of the mixture into your palm and snort it up one nostril at a time. Use your other hand to plug the free nostril. Do this on the other side also so that it’s evened out.
Steam apple cider vinegar for nasal congestion.
This is done by putting apple cider vinegar and water (50/50) into a pan of water. Then steam it with the lid on, get it almost to a boil then open the lid and let it steam over your face. You should inhale deeply while the steam evaporates over your face and make sure it isn’t too hot. While doing this procedure, keep your eyes closed so that the vinegar doesn’t get to the eyes.
If you suffer from sinus issues give apple cider vinegar a try.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.
Love and Peace