If your favorite breakfast is grilled cheese than you are at the right place as we are about to make you mind blow away with this new and improved way of preparing this easy and greasy breakfast.
You may wonder what could be different in making mouthwatering grilled cheese. You put butter on a slice of bread, top it with cheese, then add another slice on top of it, you grill it, flip it, and you are ready to get your stomach full. Hmm..apparently there are people doing this a bit differently and claim it gives the cheese more flavored taste. They use mayo instead of butter.
Does that sound appealing enough to give it a try? I say why not.
The person who posted the recipe says:
Mayo spreads better than butter does (crucial when you’re using a softer bread like brioche) and has a higher smoke point (meaning it won’t burn as easily). Plus, the oil and egg in mayonnaise brown nicely add a creamy flavor to the crust.
This is how you do it:
GRILLED CHEESE WITH MAYO
–2 slices your favorite sandwich bread
–2 slices cheddar or your favorite cheese
–2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
Like us for more inspirational stories
- Heat a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Spread the two slices of bread with an even coat of mayo.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, mayo-side-down.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the bread in the pan.
- Add the other slice of bread, mayo-side-up.
- Cook the sandwich for a few minutes, until the bottom piece of bread is golden-brown. Flip the sandwich and cook for a few more minutes until the other piece of bread is also golden-brown and the cheese is melted.
If you go for it please share with us which recipe you like the best. The traditional one using butter, or the one with mayo.