The health benefits of garlic have been proven throughout the centuries. Even the modern medicine recognizes its power when it comes to treating the cold and other health issues. However, besides being used as a natural remedy and as a common cooking ingredient, garlic can also be used for cleaning. If you wonder how, we have the answer.
Because it contains allicin, a compound responsible for its potent aroma, which also acts as a deterrent to fungi, bacteria, and mold, garlic can be used for cleaning the toilet.
Of course, the method of using this powerful plant shouldn’t completely replace the routine toilet cleaning, but it does come in handy when you don’t have much time for scrubbing.
In order to maximize the cleanness and freshness of your toilet simply peel a clove of garlic and drop it in the toilet. You can use it as a whole or smashed.
Allow it to work overnight, unleashing its antibacterial power and give your toilet a scrub and flush it the following morning.
If you are in for some more toilet cleaning hacks, continue reading.
- Toilet Bowl Whitening with White Vinegar – I guess it’s common knowledge that white vinegar is good for cleaning, disinfecting, and even whitening the toilet base. This how to use it:
- Pour a tablespoon of white vinegar into your toilet.
- Let it soak for an hour.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub away grime and hard-to-reach areas.
- Rinse with clean water and dry the toilet with a cloth or paper towel.
- Your toilet will be gleaming, and dirt will be a thing of the past. Simple and effective, isn’t it?
- Remove Brown Stains from the Toilet Bowl Using Dishwasher Tabs – If you think that dishwasher tabs are only perfect for cleaning glass and cutlery, you are wrong. This is how to use them for cleaning your toilet.
- Flush the dishwasher tab down the toilet.
- Let it work its magic, preferably overnight.
- This efficient method will help remove stubborn stains effectively.
- Using Baking Soda for Cleaning the Toilet, and this is how:
- Sprinkle one to two tablespoons of baking soda into the toilet bowl.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Scrub with a long-handled brush.
- Flush, and you’ll be left with a sparkling clean toilet. This ingenious hack has gained a growing fanbase online.
If you want to get rid of the odor in your toilet use a mixture of baking soda and lemon as a natural air freshener.
To prepare the paste-like consistency, mix the same amount of soda and lemon in a bowl. Then, apply the paste to the toilet bowl and any hard-to-reach areas using a sponge. Scrub with a brush and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wipe the toilet. If there are any stubborn stains, you can spray some vinegar while the paste is still on.
To enhance the air freshness in your toilet, you can always use essential oils. Simply drop a few drops of your favorite scent in the toilet bowl.
If you like these tips, please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.
Love and Peace