Mom’s skin falls off after microblading procedure goes horribly wrong – she now wants to warn others of possible side effects

"It felt like something was eating away at my skin, my skin was peeling off. I was in so much pain."


New trends set by trendsetters influence many people to change the way they look. This doesn’t only apply on the way they dress, but the way their body and face look as well. Today, we witness many men and women getting fillers, applying permanent makeup, having their nails and lips done, and a lot more.

We do understand the urge to look better than we already do, but somewhere along the way, many of us forget to embrace their natural beauty and accept themselves the way they are.

One recent trend in the beauty industry is microblading eyebrows, which is basically a tattooing technique that helps enhance or reshape the appearance of the eyebrows.

A mother of three from Australia named Amanda Coats was looking forward to getting her new eyebrows not assuming things could turn wrong. After the treatment, she was advised to keep the area clean and avoid possible infections, which she claims she did. She went to bed happy and satisfied that night only to wake up the following morning and discover that her skin fell off.

“The next day I woke up and my skin had come off onto the pillow, it was red and swollen. I went to the doctor immediately because of the pain and severe swelling. It felt like something was eating away at my skin, my skin was peeling off. I was in so much pain,” the worried mom said.

“My eyes were so swollen I couldn’t drive – I couldn’t even take my children to school because of the swelling, the pain and the pus in my eyes.”

Scared and angry, she went to the hospital to ask for medical help which cost her $1,000. Later, she shared her story in hopes of preventing something similar from happening to other people. But as soon as the salon heard her story, they accused her of losing customers and sued her, saying what happened to her wasn’t their fault. They claimed Amanda was either allergic to the ink or she didn’t took proper care of the area around her eyebrows and caught an infection.

Her story was later featured in the popular television program The Doctors where doctors tried to figure out what went wrong in Amanda’s case.

Amanda urges people to do their homework whenever they try any sort of procedure. “I want to make sure no one has to go through what I went through and that’s the reason I’m speaking out,” she said speaking to Metro.

Take a look at the video below to learn more.