The last meeting between King Charles and Prince Harry took place on May 6, on the day Charles was crowned king of England.
Harry’s visit, however, was a brief one. He did attended the ceremony, but wasn’t present at the lunch, and according to reports, many of the members of the royalty were relieved when they learned Harry won’t stay long in Britain.
The reason why the Prince left his homeland in such a hurry was that he wanted to attend his son’s birthday party, which was on the same day as the coronation.
In fact, if Harry stayed, it would probably be an awkward situation since he’s relationship with most of his closest relatives, including his father and brother, is still a rocky one.
Over the course of the last year, Harry accused his family for a lot of things.
Reports suggest that there is no chance for “Harry to meet with William over ‘peace talks,’ as the Prince of Wales refuses to meet his younger brother.
“He feels utterly betrayed by what Harry wrote about him in the book and said about him on Netflix,” a friend of William’s told the Daily Beast.
“They were very close growing up, so it has been very painful for William. But ultimately, what can he do? Just look at Spare. It’s literally William’s worst nightmare. I think it is completely understandable that right now, William is still absolutely disgusted by what his brother has done.”
Whether Charles and Harry met in private during the Duke’s brief visit of Britain isn’t known, but many believe that the two will meet in November of this year when Charles will be celebrating his 75th birthday. The King will likely invite both Harry and Meghan, as well as their children, to the celebration, despite the fact that he’s still outraged at his son for the things he has said, especially for referring to Charles’ wife as to a “wicked stepmother” and accusing her of leaking stories to the press years ago.
As per the Daily Mail, Charles’ birthday celebration would be a low-key affair, a “minimal” and “family-oriented” one.
“His Majesty is not given to fuss over such things as it is, but he is [also] acutely conscious there have been many set-piece royal events of late, and his firm thinking is that events to mark his birthday will be minimal,” a source told the Daily Mail.
Another Palace insider added: “There’s been enough fly-pasts and marches.”
Royal experts believe that Charles would offer an olive branch to his son and daughter-n-law and the main reason for it would be to be able to see his grandchildren.
However, royal author Angela Levin says Harry shouldn’t expect an apology.
“Charles would want Harry and Meghan’s children there. If Harry and Meghan want to make an excuse, that’s their decision,” Levin told The Sun. “If Harry wants to go to get an apology, then he can get lost.”
She added that if a trip to Britain takes place, it would likely be an all-boys meeting as Meghan could opt to stay in the States with Lilibet who is now two years old.
“He could go on his own and bring Archie with him. He’s a big boy now, five, and he could see his cousins,” Angela Levin added.
Harry, however, is not expected to attend the private “royal gathering at Balmoral” for the family that will mark one-year of Queen Elizabeth’s passing.
King Charles and Queen Camilla, Prince William, Princess Kate, and their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis would be in attendance. Moreover, Princess Anne; Edward, the Duke of Edinburgh; and his wife Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh, are also set to attend.
Tessa Dunlop says Harry and Meghan “haven’t actively been invited” and “aren’t around.”
“It’s the idea of an open invitation for Harry and Meghan to Balmoral, which, obviously for them, it’s not a natural home for them, “she told OK!. “But they haven’t been actively invited to the commemoration. They’re not going to be in the country anyway, as Harry will probably be at the Invictus Games in Germany at the same time.”
“It’s a low-key family gathering in Balmoral for the family to remember the parting of the queen. So they haven’t actively been invited to the gathering.”
The royal expert added: “But what’s the point if they’re not going to come? You invite people if you think they’re going to come and they’re going to be around, but it’s clear they’re not around, therefore they won’t be coming.”
Reports are that Harry will be in attendance for this year’s Invictus Games in Germany next month, on September 17, and that peace talks will reportedly be held there.
“King Charles is due to return to London from Balmoral in the middle of September, which ties with the end of Harry’s Invictus Games trip to Dusseldorf,” a royal source told OK!
“The King has a rescheduled official visit to France on September 20 so has a few days to spare in London to meet with his son. Staff are trying to fine-tune the details as we speak,” the source adds.
The meeting will be first since the coronation.
“The King loves his son very much, but he has been mortally wounded by what he has done. He will always be there for him but draws the line at public slanging matches,” the source continued. “If the talks take place, the King will make it very clear that there will be absolutely no private family business discussed in public moving forward,” the source said.
“The King loves his son very much, but he has been mortally wounded by what he has done. He will always be there for him but draws the line at public slanging matches,” the insider said.
“If the talks take place, the King will make it very clear that there will be absolutely no private family business discussed in public moving forward.”
While Meghan Markle is reported to be joining Harry at the Invictus Games, OK! it is “highly unlikely” that she will be present with Harry for the peace talks.
We truly hope Harry would be able to mend things with his father and brother.
Please SHARE this article with your family and friends on Facebook.
Love and Peace