1. “WHAT LIES BEHIND US, AND WHAT LIES BEFORE US ARE TINY MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US.” – RALPH WALDO EMERSON
Oh, I totally love this one and the reason I’ve listed it in my top romantic quotes is the fact that it can be interpreted in so many ways. I tend to be overly romantic, no doubt about that, but only a person who has been or is in love knows how empowering this emotion is. Once you find your match you simply KNOW everything is going to be okay and, yes, it has a lot to do with enjoying every moment of it just as well as knowing that those moment will last because you’ll both do your best to see it happen.
2. “LOVE IS A FRUIT IN SEASON AT ALL TIMES, AND WITHIN REACH OF EVERY HAND.” – MOTHER TERESA
Such a short but meaningful statement! So don’t give up on love, you ladies and gents! You might have to reach for it and the branch that holds your perfect piece of “fruit” might not be a low one but you certainly mustn’t let that get in your way. Be patient and never give up because you never know… cupid’s arrow might be flying in your direction as we speak!
3. “LET THE WIFE MAKE THE HUSBAND GLAD TO COME HOME, AND LET HIM MAKE HER SORRY TO SEE HIM LEAVE.” – MARTIN LUTHER
Oh, I’ll have to show this one to my fiancé because this is the way I want our marriage to look like. We’re no celebs, that’s for sure, just normal people living a normal life but I love all those beautiful extraordinary moments hidden in all those completely normal everyday life situations. I’ll run to the door to kiss him when he comes back from work and he often picks me a rose from our garden before he steps through the door so… let’s just hope it stays that way because I wouldn’t trade that rose and that smile for anything on this world.
4. “THEY DO NOT LOVE THAT DO NOT SHOW THEIR LOVE. THE COURSE OF TRUE LOVE NEVER DID RUN SMOOTH. LOVE IS A FAMILIAR. LOVE IS A DEVIL. THERE IS NO EVIL ANGEL BUT LOVE.” – WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Okay, now how would you interpret this? I’d say love is rarely perfect, movie-like and on time and that sometimes you just have to forget everything you’ve learned so far, step out of your comfort zone and just follow your gut. Although it’s up for interpretation, it’s still one of my top romantic quotes, no question.
5. “LOVE IS LIKE PI — NATURAL, IRRATIONAL, AND VERY IMPORTANT.” – LISA HOFFMAN
LOL! Now this is one very interesting take on love so hope you have a mathematician to share it with. Math was never my fav subject, especially when it involved pi but this quote really made me see the fun side of it. We need math and we definitely need love although I’d prefer not to mix these two. Don’t you agree?
6. “LOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTING TO GET–ONLY WITH WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTING TO GIVE–WHICH IS EVERYTHING” – KATHARINE HEPBURN
Excellently put and the reason I’ve chosen this for my list of top 8 romantic quotes is to show you that there are still plenty of us who appreciate real love. I, myself, know a lot of people who think love is nothing more than an excellently negotiated deal but I refuse to let it affect me. Maybe I’m the crazy one, who knows… what I do know is that my opinion will never change – if love is real than you’re not really losing a thing because you’ll both invest everything and, with that, you can achieve anything.
7. “LOVE IS THE IRRESISTIBLE DESIRE TO BE IRRESISTIBLY DESIRED.” – MARK TWAIN
Interesting word play, wouldn’t you say? Totally true, too as I can’t think of a better feeling than the one of knowing that somebody out there desires you, only you and nobody else but you. I won’t go into describing it because I’m sure you know everything there is to know about it and in case you don’t… well, I’d hate to ruin the surprise.
8. “SHE WALKS IN BEAUTY, LIKE THE NIGHT.” – LORD BYRON
She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes…”
– Lord Byron