A lot of first-time online students have a bit of anxiety and nervousness surrounding their first online classroom experience. I wanted to compile some do’s and don’ts for those of you who may be new to this!
I did a bit of crowdsourcing for this post… thanks to the awesome folks from the AMU Facebook page for their awesome insight!
Without keeping you waiting any longer, here’s my top 10 list of online classroom fails (as shared with me by real, live online students!):
- Cursing or ranting in a discussion post.
- Improper use of grammar.
- Failure to use spell check.
- THE USE OF ALL CAPS.
- Not citing your work, “borrowing” from classmates’ posts.
- Failing to proof-read your post before submitting.
- Attacking classmates and/or their opinions or beliefs.
- Improperly using the copy/paste function from Word (resulting in a bunch of code mumbo jumbo before your actual post).
- Scrutinizing classmates’ work instead of constructively contributing to discussion.
- Being boisterous and presumptuous.